Ready for profiPhotos Blog Rollout
It’s been a while since my last entry. That’s basically because I’m splitting time between my paying job and working on enhancing the profiPhotos Blog site. At the end of the day, I barely have enough time left over to sleep.
Ok, here are the Blog features;
- All standard WordPress features are in place and integrated into my “Photo Matrix” theme.
- Visitors to the site can register (saves time when posting comments) using the WordPress login screen (will update that for profiPhotos later)
- Added a mini slide show feature based on JonDesign’s SmoothGallery. In the near future, I plan on expanding on his excellent work to load photos directly from the WordPress media library of this site. Registered users will be able to upload their own photos and create a gallery of photos that display in the mini gallery when they visit this Blog.
- Starting to research and load photo-related news, tests and software downloads using RSS feeds (currently using several from PC-Welt). If anyone knows of any RSS feeds I should be aware of, please post them in a comment so I can follow up.
And here’s the things I hope to add real soon;
- Multilingual support. (originally English and German) I’ve read a few posts over on the WordPress site about this but I will need to dig a little deeper to come up with a clean implementation for this site.
That should keep me busy for at least a week or two. I then really need to get back to the main profiPhotos web site and kick that development work back into high gear. In the meantime however I’m hoping to see a few comments posted from all of you. Back to work now …